ECAN has already issued STANDARD NOTICES in several dailies and other publications and the mass media to all interested parties and established institutions to become aware of any malpractices existing in this profession and to give notice to ECAN secretariat with evidence for due advice to be given by ECAN and the correct legal action to be taken by the aggrieved parties.
ECAN also plans to advice all students and parents seeking counselling for their higher education to go through only certified members of ECAN.
ECAN also plans to standardise the charges for standard services to be given by all ECAN members .
ECAN members will not be allowed to take unsolicited benefits from their clients - students and/or institutions.
ECAN also plans to take appropriate action against any ECAN member if it is found to be in breach of the ECAN CODE OF CONDUCT . (click here to view page).
1. Provide proper and professional consultancy through expertise and experience to :
- education establishments in Nepal
- education establishments outside Nepal
2. To bring respectability to educational consultancy profession.
3. Have a strong and joint voice and lobby group of Registered Professional Educational Consultant Companies
- With the Nepalese Education Ministry
- All Foreign Embassies and Consulates
- All National and Foreign Educational Establishments
- All National and Foreign Media that benefit from educational advertisements
4. To guard our reputation against:
- Fly-by-night people and companies advertising and posing as so-called educational consultants
- Educational establishments that provide misleading services and products
- Educational establishments that play one consultancy against another with the commission apple while the consultancies go broke and the advertisers grow fat and the educational
- establishments jump from one consultancy to another without integrity.
- Students and guardians that mislead and cheat consultants through trickery, false information and deceit.
- Those consultants that mislead and cheat students and guardians through trickery, false information and deceit and do not adhere to normal ethical standards of doing business
ECAN is non-profit organization but is a professional association of professionals and ethical minded people. It is your association and it's there to protect your rights & interests.
For the sake of our profession we are all bound to be matured and conscientious and find a way to work together - not as competitors - but as cooperators.
We at ECAN are confident that with new blood and new elections and the dynamic leadership that naturally ensues and comes forth, our profession will further flourish to greater heights and WE ALL as Educational Consultants will come to be recognized as a "UNITED TEAM WITH ONE PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL VOICE" and respected Nationally and Internationally - in the next decades to come.